- Thank God It’s Over [An FP Photo Essay]
Before we say goodbye to 2010, a look back at the year’s achievements and disasters, natural and otherwise.
- Headlines We Love [A Special FP Collection]
Our Favorite 50 from 2010.
- Who Says Foreign Policy Can’t Look Good?
FP had a pretty good year when it came to art. We celebrate the brilliant designers and photographers who translate ideas (and occasional wonkiness) into things of beauty.
- The Year in FP
In global politics, it was a year of highs and lows. Our readers were mostly interested in the lows.
- “I Promise to Give Dmitry a Chance…” - By Joshua E. Keating
New Year’s resolutions for world leaders.
- Next Year’s Wars
The 16 brewing conflicts to watch for in 2011.
- The Serpent King
How a notorious Malaysian wildlife smuggler was brought to justice — and what it tells us about stopping the world’s most profitable black market.
Plus: Scenes from the illegal wildlife trade.
- The Shah’s Nuclear Dreams - By Abbas Milani
The secret history of Iran’s 50-year quest for the bomb.
- The Limbo State - By Thomas De Waal [An FP Dispatch]
A dangerous drift in postwar Abkhazia.
Plus: Scenes of life in Europe’s “blank spot on the map.”