Oct 08 2013
Canada is perceived to be a relatively low risk market from an environmental, social, and governance standpoint. However, MSCI ESG Research analysis on Canada indicates that although the country has high governance standards, on an industry level, Canadian companies face numerous ESG risks both from foreign and domestic operations. Within the MSCI Canadian Investable Market Index (IMI), for example, 46% of Energy and Materials companies by sector weight have inherently disruptive operations, suggesting that environmental risks may be more pronounced for corporate Canada than other similarly developed economies.
We cordially invite you to a webinar where experts from MSCI ESG Research, OPTrust, and NEI Investments will discuss ESG risk areas for Canadian companies and how investors are minimizing exposure to these issues within their portfolios.
Agenda items include:
- What are the key findings and conclusions following MSCI ESG Research’s expanded MSCI Canadian IMI coverage?
- How are Canadian companies managing key ESG risks such as biodiversity and land use, financing and environmental impact, and corruption?
- What strategies are Canadian investors implementing to minimize exposure to ESG risks within their investment portfolios?
The session will be moderated by Paula Glick, Vice President, MSCI ESG Research, and speakers include:
- Priti Shokeen, Senior Analyst, MSCI ESG Research
- Katharine Preston, Manager, Responsible Investing Group, OPTrust
- Bob Walker, Vice President, ESG Services, NEI Investments
- Hong Kong Friday, 25 October 2013, 01:00 AM HKT
- San Francisco Thursday, 24 October 2013, 10:00 AM PDT
- New York Thursday, 24 October 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
- London Thursday, 24 October 2013, 6:00 PM BST
- Paris Thursday, 24 October 2013, 7:00 PM CEST
- Dubai Thursday, 24 October 2013, 9:00 PM GST
Log-in details will be emailed to you shortly after your registration is received.
There is no fee to attend.
No responses yet| 417 views